Who can apply for a Fellowship Award?
Biostatistics faculty (exclusively) affiliated with the Alliance Statistics and Data Management Center (SDMC), preferably junior faculty, within seven (7) years post training (Associate Professor Rank or below).
Proposals must be closely tied to the research agenda of the Alliance and Alliance SDMC. The work proposed should address study design and/or data analyses approaches that are directly relevant to
current challenges faced with cancer clinical trials. In addition, the proposal should address achieving innovation in one or more of the following areas: cancer clinical trial design, prognostic
and predictive biomarkers, endpoints, trial monitoring, and execution. The work should directly lead to a peer reviewed publication, presentation, or preliminary data for a grant proposal.
What is the level of funding for the Fellowship Award?
Salary support at a level of $15,000 for one year.
Funding begins in January of the following year.
What is the review and award process?
An independent review committee comprising of at least two independent biostatisticians, and one or more clinical investigators convened by the Alliance SDMC leadership, will review (in a blinded manner)
and score all the applications.
Successful applicants will be announced at the Alliance Fall Group Meeting, held in Chicago in November.
What do I need for my submission?
Cover Letter: Include project title, your name and title, institution name, address, phone, fax, and email address
- Proposal Outline (5-page maximum):
- Specific Objectives
- Background and rationale
- Preliminary data
- Research methods
- Timeline and deliverables
- Future work
- Curriculum vitae
- References (bibliographical citations)
- Applicant’s other research support (include project titles, funding sources, dates and amounts)
- Letters of support:
- Section Chief or Department Chair
- Research Mentor
- Proposed budget: One-year budget with justification
- Description of the proposal’s connection to the research portfolio of the Alliance.
What is the deadline for applications and review process?
- Successful applicants are expected to provide a written progress review at the end of the funding period.
- The 2019 application deadline was by midnight EST August 23, 2019
How do I apply?
The deadline for submission has past.